Thursday, February 18, 2010

StillMeadow-My first Altered Book

These are my first two pages in my Altered Book. I chose a book with sturdy binding. Pulled out about half of the pages and washed both pages in a grey acrylic. I named this book "Stillmeadow" I had an sample book of cloth wallpaper that I glued down first , my first attempt at using a stencil creame and a stencil to get the Energy word..the picture was a piece that a friend had sent me to get started.. She looks like she has "Energy" doesn't she?.LOL.. the second page done the same way. I used a washer from dh's garage and sanded it a bit and used acrylics on it to give it an aged look. The hanging Kani marker is attatched to another page in the book. So I think I will work with these two pages first and with the new things I have learned since starting this in July 2007 I will see what I can do to get these pages complete. I have even looked at my first ATC's and the ones now and see how I have grown in my art techniques. Hugs, Debbie.

No comments: