Saturday, December 11, 2010

Four Days without Bunny

Four Days without Bunny




The day started out with the blowing of the wind

I decide to see what crafts I could begin.

Alcohol inks the start of my list

Oh, Sweet Bunny, you are so very missed.

Hannah is looking a little lost and sad

Maybe its because she misses her dad.

He is off to play golf for most of the day

I hope the wind does not spoil his play.

I got my inchies all cut for a swap

No one on Facebook seems to want to talk.

The are probably out shopping and putting up trees

Nothing like that for Mike and me.

It will be a quite Christmas and sad to get through

For will be the first holiday without our Bunny Boo.

The neighbors invited us over that day

To celebrate and put a few calories away.

Hannah looked out the window for a period of time

Something that Bunny did like a grandfathers clock chime.

Had she been watching her sister do this

Did she know that it would be on her list.

So many things that Bunny did in our days

To make the minutes of the clock tick away.

With hot chocolate in my cup to keep the cold away

I found a matchbox to alter away.

A picture of a sweet little girl holding a butterfly inside

Today the first day that I have not cried.



12-11-2010

1 comment:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Debbie,
Wow another lovely poem! Hope with each passing day your sorrow will be less. Bunny Boo wants you to be happy!
Loved the little matchbox. The image is so sweet.
Hugs and keep well.