Sunday, May 30, 2010

My first altered microscope slide

My first attempt at altering a microscope slide . My friend Miriam Cribbs sent me the tape and micro beads to do the swap.. I searched all over for the beads in the big city and no one knew what they were,, I certainly didn't.. and his San Antonio Va appt would have put us past the time the swap was due... So after creating my background you have to put the two slides together and while pressing them put this red tape all around the edges.. I thought that it would just leave a sticky residue for the beads to adhear to.. I had a lot of trouble keeping pressure on them as I have nerve damage in my hands and even something simple like applying pressure was difficult for me.. anyway I discovered that after I took off the tape that it actually leaves a clear tape all the way around.. I did not get the tape on evenly around and a small hole allowed some of the beads to get inside on my design... I got the most of them out.. fixed the hole and finished the back with a long hand piece from a clock for the hanger. I also used for the fan the outside holder for those Ferrero Rocher candies .. it makes also a gorgeous Elizabethan collar.... so will have dh help me the next time on the taping part.. Hugs and hope you enjoy.. Here is a link if you need to order mico beads or the red liner tape.  http://www.blockheadstamps.com/catalog/beads/Micro-Marbles Debbie House

No comments: